I have been wanting to bake something for the past week – with strawberries.
There are so many strawberries in my fridge! I’m thinking of shortcakes,
muffins, tea cakes, crumbles, pies…what should I make with these strawberries?
There also hasn’t really been time to bake – it’s a been a busy sort of week & really hot too.
But while I’m deciding what to bake with the berries, I’m finding it quite easy to pop them in
my mouth and to create plenty of smoothies. In fact, today my girlfriend and I had a
smoothie brunch…lunch…party. I made us three different kinds to test, savour and enjoy.
A little too much to finish in one sitting, but the good thing is that they keep well in the fridge for later.
Summer is the perfect time to get your fill of these tasty, healthy treats!
These recipes make 2 servings
#1: Peanut Butter Protein Shake
- 1 Tablespoon of organic peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon of hemp protein powder (or your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 sliced banana
- 3/4 cup almond milk
#2: Watermelon Delight
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 10 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3-4 ice cubes
#3 Raspberry Chocolate, Oh My!
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Editor at The Best of this Life
Emily Smith is the founder and editor of The Best of this Life. She has two littles, a darling husband, and dreams of owning a new puppy. A gluten-free connoisseur, social media maven and reigning fashionista (in her own rights). She loves writing and shares her three core values with her readers – love life, live well, share the beauty.
Latest posts by Emily Smith (see all)
- Accessorize Your Home with Pantone’s Spring 2015 Palette – January 29, 2015
- Delicious Vegan Gluten-Free Buckwheat Pancakes – January 27, 2015
- Cool Classroom Valentine’s Day Cards – January 26, 2015