Sometimes in the white of Winter you need a touch of colour to brighten things up! Would you agree? An easy and delicious way to achieve this might be by the likes of a fresh fruit salad. All that vitamin C in a cheerful bowl sure does the trick for me. Because we’re in January, in Canada, these aren’t local fruit – but they are from our Southern Neighbours. Blueberries and strawberries just flooded the supermarkets and they’re a fantastic price this week! What else is seasonal? Oranges and grapefruits. I eat 1-2 a day and I really do think it helps keep sickness away. What do you enjoy in your fruit salad? Honestly, I think I could have just about any combination of fresh fruits! But for this one, I used…
1/2 fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup water
- Wash all of your fruit, thoroughly. Slice and dice oranges, strawberries, apples, and grapefruit.
- Combine in a medium serving bowl with frozen raspberries (why frozen? Because they were flash frozen & thaw beautifully…if fresh in your area, then by all means, use fresh!)
- Mix orange juice, water, and lemon juice together. Pour over the fruit salad.
Latest posts by Emily Smith (see all)
- Plan an Afternoon Picnic with Your Kids – August 1, 2014
- How to Make Vegan Frozen Banana Custard – July 30, 2014
- 25 Fun & Simple Activities To Do with Kids Before the End of Summer – July 28, 2014