Do you ever find yourself not liking the idea of something, rather than the thing itself? For instance, I don’t like the idea of tea, nor salads. When my husband asks “Can I make you a tea?” – most of the time, my instinctual response is, no thank you. However, I think for a second…wait I like tea, I like exotic teas. The same goes for salads. I’ll make them, but I never get excited over them… except when I begin eating one. Then, I’m glad that I am. It’s a strange thing and I wonder if anyone else finds themselves doing the same over something?
So I do love salads! Particularly flavourful ones, like this one - made up of apples, peaches, goat’s cheese, greek olives, and drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette. Wildly delicious!
Apple Peach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Serves 4 as starters or 2 main course
4 cups of salad mix (Red tip lettuce leaf, baby arugula, baby spinach)
2 chopped crunchy apples (macintosh, cortland)
2 chopped peaches, peeled
1/4 cup soft goat’s cheese to crumble on top
12 Kalamata olives, halved and pitted
1/4 cup light olive oil
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
- Wash all fruits and vegetables thoroughly before beginning and pat dry.
- Prep apples, peaches, and olives.
- In a large salad bowl, mix all ingredients
- In a glass dish, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Whisk vinaigrette and pour over the salad.
- Toss, top with crumbled goat’s cheese, and serve!
Editor at The Best of this Life
Emily Smith is the founder and editor of The Best of this Life. She has two littles, a darling husband, and dreams of owning a new puppy. A gluten-free connoisseur, social media maven and reigning fashionista (in her own rights). She loves writing and shares her three core values with her readers – love life, live well, share the beauty.
Latest posts by Emily Smith (see all)
- Cool Classroom Valentine’s Day Cards – January 26, 2015
- How to Keep Your New Year’s Resolution All Year Long – January 26, 2015
- Valentine’s Day Outfit Ideas for Kids – January 22, 2015