- Wash all fruits and vegetables thoroughly before beginning and pat dry.
- Prep apples, peaches, and olives.
- In a large salad bowl, mix all ingredients
- In a glass dish, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Whisk vinaigrette and pour over the salad.
- Toss, top with crumbled goat’s cheese, and serve!
Do you ever find yourself not liking the idea of something, rather than the thing itself? For instance, I don’t like the idea of tea, nor salads. When my husband asks “Can I make you a tea?” – most of the time, my instinctual response is, no thank you. However, I think for a second…wait I like tea, I like exotic teas. The same goes for salads. I’ll make them, but I never get excited over them… except when I begin eating one. Then, I’m glad that I am. It’s a strange thing and I wonder if anyone else finds themselves doing the same over something?
So I do love salads! Particularly flavourful ones, like this one – made up of apples, peaches, goat’s cheese, greek olives, and drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette. Wildly delicious!
Apple Peach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Serves 4 as starters or 2 main course
4 cups of salad mix (Red tip lettuce leaf, baby arugula, baby spinach)
2 chopped crunchy apples (macintosh, cortland)
2 chopped peaches, peeled
1/4 cup soft goat’s cheese to crumble on top
12 Kalamata olives, halved and pitted
1/4 cup light olive oil
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper