This morning, we woke up craving fruit-filled muffins. It was just one of those days
that called for a side step out of the ordinary. Maybe it was the arrival of February – a new month,
a new breakfast…maybe it was the rainy, snowy, slushy weather? Who knows. My hubby and I wanted muffins, Aiden didn’t contest. Oh and by ordinary, I mean delicious variations of pancakes that my husband has mastered the art of creating (I’m a lucky lady). Amazing pancakes aside, we felt like eating muffins and I was on a mission to make one tasty batch…
Check, check, check, check, and check! Let’s do it!
Muffins bursting with fruits is my kind of muffin. Healthy, scrumptious, and totally satisfying.
uses seasonal vegetables.
Happy mid-week! p.s in case you missed it, The Best of this Life took home 3rd place here!
Gluten-Free Fruit Burst Muffins
1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 rounded tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup organic raw sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup almond milk
2 small grated apples
1 1/2 cup total berries (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk egg, add sugar, oil, and vanilla – stir well and then pour into dry mix.
- Pour in almond milk slowly. Add grated apples and berries. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into lined muffin tins, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!