Yesterday morning, Little A. and I went to visit Nana. Mr. Smith was helping friends of ours move into their new home, so it was just the three of us. Saturday was a beautiful sunny day, which we were ever so thankful for. The sun had been missing for quite some time. We decided to make a fruit smoothie for lunch, inspired by a blueberry-apple smoothie recipe my mom found in the local paper. I opted for a dairy-free version and added kiwi for additional flavor. It was delicious!
Little A. knew something was up and was very curious about what Mama was making. Nana picked
him up while I snapped some photos, but when she put him down again and he made his way to where
the smoothies were last seen…. he was terribly surprised not to find them there!
Huh? Where’d they go?
Not to worry Little Darling, you’ll be getting your share in a minute!
- Wash and grate apple (peel left on is optional).
- Scoop out kiwi flesh with a teaspoon.
- Place all ingredients in blender
- Pulse for 30 seconds – 1 minute
- Pour in large tumbler glass, garnish with kiwi and blueberries
Latest posts by Emily Smith (see all)
- Give Your Home Office a Pick-Me-Up with Staples.ca#MakeMoreMakeover – April 24, 2014
- Zutano Toddler Boy Looks for Summer – April 23, 2014
- Cooking Light Dinnertime Survival Guide + Cookbook Giveaway! – April 22, 2014