GLUTEN FREE (dairy free) DOUBLE CHOCOLATE OATMEAL SPRINKLE COOKIES
Makes 24 cookies
1 cup buckwheat flour
3 cups gluten-free oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup canola margarine (or butter)
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 teaspoon of natural vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup of chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Gluten, Dairy & Soy Free)
- Blend together margarine and brown sugar, using hand beater or mixer.
- Whisk both eggs and add to mixture.
- Next, incorporate apple sauce and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Mix dry mixture with wet mixture, blend until well combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and use a spoon to mix them in.
- Lightly grease three cookie sheets and spoon out cookie dough into aprox. 1 1/2 inch rounds.
- Bake at 350 F for 11-13 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before topping with chocolate dip.
1 cup icing sugar
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in saucepan on low.
- Pour into medium mixing bowl.
- Slowly add icing sugar until all is mixed.
Latest posts by Emily Smith (see all)
- Cool Classroom Valentine’s Day Cards – January 26, 2015
- How to Keep Your New Year’s Resolution All Year Long – January 26, 2015
- Valentine’s Day Outfit Ideas for Kids – January 22, 2015