When I saw this idea floating around pinterest, I knew I wanted to recreate the fun for my Little One!
I didn’t have bananas on hand, but I did have a batch of freshly baked oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, so we used them to dip in chocolate and cover with sprinkles, sugar dots, walnuts, and extra chocolate chips. I’m not going to kid you, we had a bit of a sugar high happening in the Smith residence yesterday evening. Even Aunt Jessica
got to try one of our double chocolate creations…and she was quite happy to do so!
Thank you Naomi of Bakers Royale
for the inspiration
I had so much fun dipping and decorating these cookies and seeing Little A. enjoying each yummy bite! I’m definitely keeping this activity in mind for a future party. Coloring + cookies + chocolate + sprinkles = tons of sweet fun !!
What do you think? Can you see yourself doing this with the Little People you know?
I hope everyone’s excited for a beautiful Easter weekend!!
GLUTEN FREE (dairy free) DOUBLE CHOCOLATE OATMEAL SPRINKLE COOKIES
Makes 24 cookies
1 cup buckwheat flour
3 cups gluten-free oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup canola margarine (or butter)
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 teaspoon of natural vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup of chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Gluten, Dairy & Soy Free)
- Blend together margarine and brown sugar, using hand beater or mixer.
- Whisk both eggs and add to mixture.
- Next, incorporate apple sauce and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Mix dry mixture with wet mixture, blend until well combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and use a spoon to mix them in.
- Lightly grease three cookie sheets and spoon out cookie dough into aprox. 1 1/2 inch rounds.
- Bake at 350 F for 11-13 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before topping with chocolate dip.
Makes 3/4 cup
2 Tablespoons canola margarine
1 cup icing sugar
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in saucepan on low.
- Pour into medium mixing bowl.
- Slowly add icing sugar until all is mixed.
PUTTING THEM TOGETHER:
Spoon Chocolate on top of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and decorate with whatever fun topping you would like! Enjoy!!
You might also like…