For this recipe, I used Irresistibles Gluten Free Whole Grain Brown Rice Pasta. Have you ever looked at a box of gluten-free macaroni and been inspired to create something this amazing? That’s what I’m shooting for – inspiration! I would love if the next time you were at the super market to pick up your gluten-free staples, you had colorful visions of the culinary masterpieces you would make with them.
I was pretty excited when Metro, a Canadian grocer, launched their Irresistibles Gluten Free line - I’m five minutes away from two locations, so it’s ideal for me to pick up gluten-free products while shopping for regular grocery items (plus, they have a great organic section). I really wanted to introduce you to their line , especially if you weren’t already familiar with it. To help you get acquainted, I am doing two posts + product giveaway, so you can try them for yourself - as always, my hope in doing product reviews and creating recipe ideas is to help you when you’re making your grocery list!
a high source of fibre and naturally low-fat. It also cooks in under 10 minutes, so it makes meal
prep a cinch. Awesome!
So, what do you think? Are you inspired for your next pasta dish?
p.s stay tuned for your chance to win some Irresistibles Gluten Free products…details coming soon!!!
Peppered Smoked Salmon, Goat’s Cheese and Vegetable Brown Rice Pasta Dish
1 package of Irresistibles Whole Grain Brown Rice Macaroni (284 grams of pasta)
1 package of Irresistibles Smoked Peppered Atlantic Salmon (130 grams smoked salmon)
2 small zucchinis, sliced length wise and then halved
1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
3/4 cup of soft goat’s cheese
1 cup unsweetened flax beverage or unsweetened almond milk (or 5% dairy cream)
3 Tablespoons of olive oil
1 stem of fresh dill, pluck the leaves to use
salt and pepper
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- Cut smoked salmon into small chunks.
- Prepare whole grain brown rice macaroni (follow package directions). Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, over medium high heat, add in olive oil.
- As it heats up, add in zucchinis and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in flax milk(or almond/creme) and goat’s cheese. Stir until it blends smooth.
- Reduce to low heat.
- Add prepared (and well drained) pasta to the goat’s cheese sauce. Mix well.
- Add in leaves of fresh dill.
- Add in smoked salmon, turn off heat.
- Serve in pasta bowls, season with touch of salt and fresh ground pepper.
Latest posts by Emily Smith (see all)
- Accessorize Your Home with Pantone’s Spring 2015 Palette – January 29, 2015
- Delicious Vegan Gluten-Free Buckwheat Pancakes – January 27, 2015
- Cool Classroom Valentine’s Day Cards – January 26, 2015