For this recipe, I used Irresistibles Gluten Free Whole Grain Brown Rice Pasta. Have you ever looked at a box of gluten-free macaroni and been inspired to create something this amazing? That’s what I’m shooting for – inspiration! I would love if the next time you were at the super market to pick up your gluten-free staples, you had colorful visions of the culinary masterpieces you would make with them. 🙂
I was pretty excited when Metro, a Canadian grocer, launched their Irresistibles Gluten Free line – I’m five minutes away from two locations, so it’s ideal for me to pick up gluten-free products while shopping for regular grocery items (plus, they have a great organic section). I really wanted to introduce you to their line , especially if you weren’t already familiar with it. To help you get acquainted, I am doing two posts + product giveaway, so you can try them for yourself – as always, my hope in doing product reviews and creating recipe ideas is to help you when you’re making your grocery list!
a high source of fibre and naturally low-fat. It also cooks in under 10 minutes, so it makes meal
prep a cinch. Awesome!
So, what do you think? Are you inspired for your next pasta dish? 🙂
p.s stay tuned for your chance to win some Irresistibles Gluten Free products…details coming soon!!!
Peppered Smoked Salmon, Goat’s Cheese and Vegetable Brown Rice Pasta Dish
1 package of Irresistibles Whole Grain Brown Rice Macaroni (284 grams of pasta)
1 package of Irresistibles Smoked Peppered Atlantic Salmon (130 grams smoked salmon)
2 small zucchinis, sliced length wise and then halved
1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
3/4 cup of soft goat’s cheese
1 cup unsweetened flax beverage or unsweetened almond milk (or 5% dairy cream)
3 Tablespoons of olive oil
1 stem of fresh dill, pluck the leaves to use
salt and pepper
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- Cut smoked salmon into small chunks.
- Prepare whole grain brown rice macaroni (follow package directions). Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, over medium high heat, add in olive oil.
- As it heats up, add in zucchinis and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in flax milk(or almond/creme) and goat’s cheese. Stir until it blends smooth.
- Reduce to low heat.
- Add prepared (and well drained) pasta to the goat’s cheese sauce. Mix well.
- Add in leaves of fresh dill.
- Add in smoked salmon, turn off heat.
- Serve in pasta bowls, season with touch of salt and fresh ground pepper.