Seven Superfoods to try:
- Green Tea: It contains antioxidants useful for protection against cancer and free radical molecules. Green tea also fights inflammation in the body, can lower cholesterol and improve your blood sugar balance
- Pomegranates: Also antioxidant rich, pomegranates and pure pomegranate juice has been shown to help fight heart disease.
- Ginger:A natural anti-inflammatory, ginger helps prevent inflammation in the body. It’s also great for helping with nausea, digestion, and pms. (Try my ginger apple tea)
- Broccoli: Contains high amounts of phytonutrients called isothiocyanates (sulforaphane and indole-3 carbinol). These phytonutrients help the liver to detoxify harmful, cancer-causing compounds.
- Flax Seeds: Improve your heart health with these super seeds. They contain omega-3 fatty acids, fiber and lignans. Grind them and add them to smoothies and baking!
- Dark Chocolate: One square a day gives you a happy little high, is good for your heart, and blood vessels, boosts endorphins, and promotes feelings of attraction, excitement, and love.
- Buckwheat: High in protein and fiber, it helps get your immune system in top shape. It can also lower cholesterol and is a source of magnesium. Buckwheat flour is a great alternative to wheat flour and adds a tasty nutty flavor to your baking. (Buckwheat muffins are a favorite)