Friends, today I’ve got a simple one for you. As you know, it’s often the case that I gravitate towards easy recipes that offer a lot of wow factor. This just so happens to be one of those recipes. How to jazz up your veggies 101: add a little something, something. So, to make these already gorgeous Summer asparagus even more stellar, I added some crushed almonds. I already had some almonds in the grinder (I add ground almonds to salads, smoothies, muffins…) so I just needed to grind them up a touch and toss them in for the grilling. Right away, I knew that the pairing was going to taste soooo good. Those almonds started roasting in the grill pan and the smell they were creating was heavenly. I couldn’t wait to have a bite. The verdict? Superb! Try it, it’s eaaaaaasssssy
Asparagus with Almonds
1 pound of asparagus (o.45 kilograms)
1/4 cup of roughly chopped, crushed or ground almonds
3 Tablespoons of coconut oil
Pinch of pepper
- Wash asparagus thoroughly and pat dry. Remove the hard, fibrous ends if necessary.
- In a grill pan over medium-high heat, melt the coconut oil.
- Add the almonds and let them roast for 2 minutes.
- Then add the asparagus to the grill pan. Move them around to get them coated with coconut oil and almonds.
- Cook for 8-9 minutes at medium heat.
- Transfer to serving dish and top with any almonds left in the pan.
- Enjoy a delicious side to your main meal!