p.s Special Announcement: Congratulations to Stephanie Nelsen who won the $25.00 Gift Certificate to glassdharma.com (I’ve sent you an email to claim your prize!) Thank you to everone who entered!
Oatmeal Scuffins (adapted from The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook 2 by Tosca Reno)
1 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flour
1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
3 drops of liquid stevia
1 Tablespoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
8 dates, pitted and finely chopped
1/4 cup unsweetened dried currants
2 egg whites
3 Tablespoons of virgin coconut oil (plus extra for greasing muffin tins)
1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce (or two grated apples)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400 F. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oat flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in chopped dates and currants.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites, coconut oil, stevia drops, applesauce and almond milk.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Grease muffin tins lightly. with coconut oil. Divide batter among eight muffin cups.
- Bake until golden brown – around 20-22 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes or so out of oven, tap the bottom of the muffin tin on counter a few times and use a butter knife to help ease out scuffins.
- Enjoy while they are nice and warm!