Have you ever tried baking with quinoa flour? How did it turn out?
Gluten-Free Quinoa Biscuits
Makes 12 large
1 cup of quinoa flour
1 cup of brown rice flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/8 cup of stevia
1/4 cup of creamy virgin coconut oil (refrigerate until it reaches butter-like consistency)
4 Tablespoons of almond milk
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- In a large bowl, sift flours and baking powder together.
- Cut in creamy/cool virgin coconut oil.
- Then add in egg and almond milk.
- Form the dough and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Remove and roll out to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out biscuits and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Remove and let cool entirely before removing them from cookie sheet.
Latest posts by Emily Smith (see all)
- Zutano Toddler Boy Looks for Summer – April 23, 2014
- Cooking Light Dinnertime Survival Guide + Cookbook Giveaway! – April 22, 2014
- Tea Collection’s Friends & Family Sale! – April 21, 2014