Healthy Vegetable Stir-Fry

By Emily Smith

Looking for something quick and tasty for dinner tonight? That is sort of like,  my speciality! This recipe is just the thing. A combination of delicious vegetables and rice noodles that fill you up on a cold Fall day. I included this recipe in Brooke’s Five Day Healthy Meal Challenge, which she highlighted on her blog a little while ago, because it’s nutritious and healthy for you. Most importantly, when you are feeding a busy family, it’s easy and affordable.

What do you like to toss into your stir-fry?

HEALTHY VEGETABLE STIR-FRY
Serves 4-5

2 cups of frozen Asian stir-fry vegetables
2 cups of small Chinese green cabbage leafs or bok choy, chopped
1 cup of carrots, julienned
1 package (4 servings) of vermicelli rice noodles, prepared
2 Tablespoons of water
2 teaspoons of coconut oil
1 teaspoon of pure chili sauce

1. Wash and prepare vegetables.
  2. In a large wok, on medium heat – place water, coconut oil and chili sauce.
  3. Add 2 cups of frozen Asian stir-fry vegetables. Cover with lid.
  4. Allow vegetables to defrost/cook for 8-10 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
  5. Add in chopped cabbage leafs and cover for another 5 minutes.
  6. Finally, add in julienned carrots and heat for another 5 minutes, making sure all vegetables are hot right through.
  7. Serve over prepared noodles and top with gluten-free, low-sodium soy sauce if desired.
  8. Enjoy!
Find me here

Emily Smith

Emily Smith is the founder and editor of The Best of this Life. She has two littles, a darling husband, and dreams of owning a new puppy. A gluten-free connoisseur, social media maven and reigning fashionista (in her own rights) – She loves writing and shares her three core values with her readers – love life, live well, share the beauty. Let’s dance, shall we?
Find me here

10 Comments on Healthy Vegetable Stir-Fry

1. gabyburger
    November 29, 2012 at 2:24 pm (1 year ago)

mmmm yes please, I like this!

2. Jolene
    December 1, 2012 at 7:38 pm (1 year ago)

This looks SO delicious, and I just bought some rice vermicelli. I know what I’m making the next time my hubby goes out of town. He’s not the rice noodle stir-fry kind of guy. But I’m going to keep this bookmarked. Thanks!
    Stopping by from SITS. Happy Saturday!

3. Tanya
    December 1, 2012 at 8:19 pm (1 year ago)

This looks great. I like my stir fry to Be a little bit sweet and spicy so like to add a litlle pineapple and/or chili sauce. New fan here visiting from SITS!

4. Emily // The Best of this Life
    December 3, 2012 at 4:05 am (1 year ago)

Hi Tanya, thanks for visiting from SITS Sharefest!! I love meeting new bloggers via sits – such a great community of girlfriends!! :) Ooh, love the idea of pineapple in stirfry!

5. Emily // The Best of this Life
    December 3, 2012 at 4:07 am (1 year ago)

You do have some great recipes Miss Shu Han! Oh and I wish we could have fresh veggies all year round, but here in the Great white North, it isn’t always the case. I like buying organic flash frozen veggies – when they are in stir-frys or soup, they taste pretty good! Thanks for coming by :)

6. Emily // The Best of this Life
    December 3, 2012 at 4:08 am (1 year ago)

Hehehe, I totally converted my husband and he loves the vermicelli with a TON of hot sauce!! lol. I’m so glad you’ll try this out and THANK YOU for coming by from Sharefest!! Great to meet you :)

7. erica
    December 5, 2012 at 2:28 pm (1 year ago)

Oh my word YUM! I need to make this for dinner ASAP! You always have the most delicious recipes. xx