10 Things I’m thankful for this Thanksgiving

Fall Vegetable Harvest #Thanksgiving www.bestofthislife.com

Every year for Thanksgiving, we go around the table and say one or a few things we are thankful for. When I was a kid, my mom would make a big construction paper board and we would write out all the things we were grateful for. It’s amazing what you can come up with and it’s certainly a beautiful way to reflect on all the wonderful things in your life. Even though there have been a few big bumps so far this year, there is also plenty to be thankful for. Here is a peak at my list…

Ten Things I’m thankful for right now!

1. My family // 2. This pregnancy // 3. My growing Christian faith // 4. Our home // 5. Health // 6. This blog //      7. Provision // 8. Happiness // 9. Living in Canada // 10. Friends near and far

Fall Vegetables www.bestofthislife.com Fall Tablesetting www.bestofthislife.com Carrots, Cauliflower, Onions, Peppers www.bestofthislife.com Fall Harvest Vegetables and Tablescape www.bestofthislife.com Autumn Vegetable Table www.bestofthislife.com

I’m wishing all my Canadian friends a beautiful Thanksgiving weekend!! I hope it’s full of delicious food, special time spent with family and friends, and plenty to be thankful for.

Before I sign off, I snapped these photographs of gorgeous vegetables that are perfect for the season, below you will find a list of 10 recipes that you can use them in!  Bon appetit!

Vegetable Recipes for your Farmer’s Market Haul

1. Honey Glazed Roasted Vegetables
  2. Roasted Vegetables with Fresh Seasoning
  3. Baked Squash with Apple Stuffing
  4. Gazpacho
  5. Austrian Pumpkin Soup
  6. Heart Warming Vegetable Beef Stew
  7. Classic Ratatouille
  8. Roasted Potatoes, Parsnips, and Carrots
  9. Raw Zucchini Noodles with Marinara Sauce
  10. Fresh Garden Salad

xx!

Serving fresh posts daily to inspire you to live YOUR best life.

Comments

• Emily Smith says

Thank you Stephanie! I had fun taking pictures of all those veggies…and now we’re eating them ;) Have a great weekend xo

• Emily Smith says

Thank you Amee :) We had a lovely Thanksgiving together and enjoyed all our favorite foods with friends and family. It was quite a spread!

1. says

Happy Thanksgiving! I know you are supposed to be thankful, but I’m jealous that you get to have it a month early in Canada! It is too close to Christmas in the States! And all of those veggies look delicious! I am finally able to start eating healthier (I’ve been less picky about what i can eat as I get closer to my third trimester!)

• Emily Smith says

Hahaha, Jess – you’ll just have to have two Thanksgivings like we do…we celebrate the American one AND the Canadian one ;) I’m glad that you are having less food aversions and can now eat some more veggies and fruit without feeling yucky. Love the name Oliver!! Hoping over to read more…

• Emily Smith says

An Autumn rainbow – that’s such a lovely term. Right now our trees and woods are a tapestry of Fall colours and it truly is just like that…an Autumn rainbow! Thank you, we had a really lovely time as a family and ate so much good food :)

• Emily Smith says

Thanks Jess! We certainly enjoyed it and had our fill of Thanksgiving dishes :) …Until we celebrate the American thanksgiving in November (my husband is thankful that we do two Thanksgiving a year!! lol)

2. says

What a lovely post and your grateful list is definitely beautiful! Hope you had a lovely thanksgiving with your family and by the way the produce looks great!

• Emily Smith says

Hi Nala, thank you for the compliments. I really enjoyed photographing and writing this post, because we are thankful for these things and it’s so important to stop and really take in all the goodness we have. We enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving as a family! Thank you for visiting today :)