I’ll leave you this Friday afternoon with a few of my favorite Irish Proverbs and wish you a lovely weekend with family and friends 🙂
“You’ll never plow a field by turning it over in your mind.”
“When God closes one door, He opens another.”
“Praise the young and they will make progress.”
Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!
Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread
1 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 large egg
1 cup 1% buttermilk
- In a medium bowl combine all flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar together.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the egg and buttermilk together.
- Form a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour wet mix into it. Stir until blended together.
- Grease a 9 inch round cake pan. Pour mix into it. Tap the sides to spread it evenly.
- Bake at 350F for one hour.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes, before removing from pan and serving.
- Enjoy with butter, honey, or jam!