So, dear readers, this is the last week for the Circle of Moms Top 25 Foodie Blogger Awards. I just want to say THANK YOU for all of your votes and for continuing to vote for The Best of this Life until May 29th. I’m so excited that this Mama’s blog is still in the running and I’d love to be in the top 25 when it’s all said and done.
Thank you! Wishing you a beautiful day 🙂
Cajun Turkey Breast
1 turkey breast (approximately 3-4 pounds)
1/4 cup olive oil
Fresh cayenne pepper
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
salt and pepper
1/2 cup water
- Using a small amount of olive oil, grease a shallow roasting pan.
- Place the turkey breast in the center. Brush it with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add chopped cloves of garlic in and around the turkey breast.
- Pour 1/4 cup of water around the bottom of the breast with any left over oil.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350F for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- For the last 30 minutes, removed the aluminum foil and add another 1/4 cup of water.
- Turkey is cooked when the center registers 170F on a meat thermometer.
- Soak, scrub, and dry potatoes. Add a little bit of vinegar in your washing water to cut through dirt.
- Cut potatoes into wedges.
- In a large bowl, coat potatoes with olive oil, a pinch of salt and extra pepper.
- Place evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes, then flip them and bake another 20 minutes (total: 40 min).
- You can also use broil for the last 5 minutes, to makes them extra crispy.