Salmon with Coconut Sauce
4 salmon steaks (4 oz/ each)
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger
4 Tablespoons of coconut oil
1 tsp coriander spice
salt and pepper
- Begin by making the coconut sauce. In a large pot, over medium heat, add 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil and ginger. Stir for a minute as the pan warms up.
- Add diced tomatoes to pot, cook while stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup coconut milk, lower the heat, cover the pot and let simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- In a grill pan, over medium-high heat, add 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Rub coriander spice, salt and pepper into salmon steaks.
- Pour coconut sauce into the grill pan.
- Place all four salmon steaks in the pan, in the sauce.
- Cook steaks for 8 minutes on each side (depending on thickness, time might be less).
- Place salmon steaks on a bed of vegetable rice and spoon the coconut sauce over top.
- Serve hot and Enjoy!
PIN THIS RECIPE!