Roasted Vegetables with Fresh Seasoning
- Wash and slice eggplant 1/2 inch thick. Lay out on cutting board and salt heavily. This removes excess moisture and bitterness. Let the salt sit for 20 minutes or so. Afterwards, rinse the egg plant thoroughly and dry with a towel.
- Wash and slice zucchinis, tomatoes, potatoes and red onion.
- Grease a large casserole dish with 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Line the vegetables up in a row, alternating them (see picture above).
- Drizzle with coconut oil and sprinkle with fresh basil, ground pepper, and herbes de provence.
- Cover with foil, bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
- Removed foil and broil at 500F for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy the goodness of Summer!