Does Summer make you slow down? The heat, the sunshine, the vacation days….do you find yourself moving at an easier pace? For the past few weeks, things have slowed down for us. Some of the stress in our lives has subsided, the weather has been hot, hot, hot and has us chilling out by any cool body of water, and days feel lazier even though they are full. That’s Summer, we make time to drink spritzers and lounge. All this slowing down also makes room for other things than busyness. Like afternoon coffee with friends, light-hearted books, and bouquets of flowers.
|Coating the berries with cinnamon, nutmeg, and coconut sugar|
|Top berries with crumble and its ready for the oven|
Gluten-Free Berry Crumble (Dairy-Free too)
3 cups of frozen or fresh mixed berries (but not thawed from frozen!)
2/3 cup coconut sugar
3 Tablespoons of cinnamon
1 tsp of nutmeg
1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup gluten free oat flour
2 cups gluten free rolled oats
3/4 cup of warm melted coconut oil
- In a medium sized casserole dish (mine is 8 inches in diameter / 2.5 Quart) place berries.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/3 cup coconut sugar, 2 Tbsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Sprinkle over berries and mix into them, coating the fruit.
- In a medium bowl, mix together oat flour, brown rice flour, gluten-free rolled oats, 1/3 cup of coconut sugar, and 1 Tbsp of cinnamon. Pour in 3/4 of warm melted coconut oil and stir until the crumble begins to form.
- Place the crumble on top of the berries, patting gently to make it all fit, but leaving it loose on top.
- Cover with glass lid.
- Bake covered for 45 at 350 F and then for another 15 minutes uncovered.
p.s What’s one of your most romantic moments?