|Is it my birthday?|
And what about the cake…well, let’s just say it didn’t last long!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Almond Cake
Makes one 9 inch cake
1/3 cup of coconut oil
4.5 ounces of dark chocolate ( 70%)
4 large eggs
1/3 cup of coconut sugar
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup of almond meal
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp of pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 inch cake pan using coconut oil.
- In a large bowl beat eggs and coconut sugar for 8 minutes, until nice and fluffy.
- Add in the applesauce.
- In a sauce pan, on medium heat, melt the coconut oil with vanilla and the dark chocolate. Stir until smooth, then turn off the heat.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the eggs. Mix gently.
- Add in the almond meal and buckwheat flour. Stir until smooth.
- Pour cake batter into the cake pan and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when testing the center.
- Let the cake cool before removing it from the pan.
- Whip coconut milk, add in sugar slowly and then vanilla extract.
- Frost cake when it’s cool and store in refrigerator until serving time.
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
1/4 cup coconut oil
4 large squares of dark chocolate
- Melt in saucepan over medium heat, blend until smooth.
- Remove from heat. Allow to thicken and cool.
- Dip strawberries in the sauce and place on wax paper lined plate.
- Place in the refrigerator to solidify before placing on top of cake.