This meal is full of subtle flavours merging together, adding to the delight of eating wholesome foods.
2 large haddock fillets
4 cups of cooked brown rice ( or 2 cups uncooked to be prepared)
2 small mangoes, chunked
15 almonds, chopped
1 inch cube of ginger, grated (more if you love ginger)
3 Tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- Prepare brown rice and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to 350 F
- Cut a large piece of foil, drizzle the center with 1 Tbsp of coconut oil.
- Place both fillets of fish in the center of foil, allowing the bottom of them to get oiled, then drizzle the top with another Tablespoon of coconut oil. Grind fresh pepper over tops of fillets and close the foil up.
- Put the fillets on the grill for 5-9 minutes (5 minutes per 1.5 cm of thickness).
- For the rice: in a large pan, over low heat, place 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Add in grated ginger and allow to warm up for 5 minutes.
- Then add in chopped almonds and allow to roast for 5 minutes.
- Now toss in the chunks of mango and mix them around the pan for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, combine with the prepared brown rice and mix in well (making sure the rice is nice and hot for serving time).
- Serve fish on top of rice and enjoy!
- Wash and prepare asparagus, removing the fibrous (woody) ends.
- In a pan, over medium-high heat, add coconut oil.
- Now add in the asparagus, sprinkle with pepper and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until they are tender but still crunchy and full of nice colour.
- Enjoy with a bit of lemon or salt if you desire.