You’d never know there were black beans in these cupcakes, unless I told you!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1/4 cup canola or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Valentine’s Day Pink Vanilla Icing;
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3–4 Tablespoons of vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 drop of red dye (for home made dye, try pomegranate juice or strawberry juice)
- For the cupcakes;
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Make sure batter is nice and creamy
- Line a cupcake tin with 9 liners, divide batter amongst them.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes.
- Check center with butter knife to make sure it comes out clean.
- Let cool before icing.
- For the icing;
- Place all liquid ingredients in a bowl.
- Slowly add confectioner’s sugar.
- Add more or less sugar to get the icing consistency you desire.
- This recipe is for a thinner, glaze-like icing; it pours on and then solidifies.
- Ice the cupcakes and enjoy!
- Cupcakes are best kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- 21 Easy Meal Prep Ideas to Make the Best Kids Lunches - July 28, 2020
- 35 Fun Backyard Activities for Kids to Do This Summer - July 18, 2020
- Summertime Fun With the Primo Foldable Scooter - July 5, 2020