I know, that’s a mouthful. The title and the cookie. One sweet, delicious, tantalizing mouthful of goodness. How can you go wrong with mixing pumpkin and chocolate; two of my very favorite ingredients. The pumpkin in this cookie adds just the right amount of moisture and flavour, without taking over. The thing is, I’ve thought about making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for a while now, but hadn’t taken the plunge. Hello? What was I waiting for. The right Sunday afternoon, I guess.
Since we did SO good this health and wellness month; with green smoothies, detoxing, and fitness – why not indulge in a little chocolate. Life is all about balance, is it not? Join me in celebrating 100 years of delicious chocolate from Laura Secord! Wow, can you believe it’s been that long. And for those of you who don’t know the origins of Laura Secord, here’s her history. It’s pretty cool!
You’re in for a treat!! I made these with Laura Secord’s baking chocolate chips and they were simply decadent.
- 3/4 cup of canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1/2 cup of room temperature organic butter or virgin coconut oil (refrigerate to get similar consistency)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- 2 cups of gluten-free oat flour (gluten-free oats, grounded)
- 1/2 cup of brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of Laura Secord semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 F
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and pumpkin spice.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add in 2 eggs and mix well.
- Add butter mixture to dry ingredients and then add in pumpkin puree.
- Finally, add chocolate chips.
- Place cookie dough in balls on ungreased baking sheets, about an inch apart.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.