Make this for a special weekend breakfast or as an after dinner desert; it can go either way.
- 2 1/2 cups of gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup of brown rice flour
- 2 Tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 Tablepsoon of grounded chia seeds
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of sucanat sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon of natural vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of melted virgin coconut oil or butter
- Cinnamon Mix
- 1/2 cup of room temperature virgin coconut oil (not melted) or room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup of sucanat sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of tapioca flour
- 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a large baking dish and set aside (aprox. 9 x 13)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk eggs, add in sugar and coconut oil (or butter).
- Pour into dry mix.
- Add in almond milk and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Make the cinnamon mix by combining all ingredients.
- Spoon the mix over the cake and swirl it around using a small spatula.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until knife comes out clean in the center.
- Remove from oven, let sit for 8-10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Reduce the sugar in the cinnamon mix for a less sweet treat or take away the sugar completely in the cake and sub it with date puree in the cinnamon mix for a sugar-free treat.
- Self-Care With the OSIM uCozy 3d Neck and Shoulder Massager - July 3, 2020
- Beauty Buzz: Jouviance Dream Cream Night Repair Cream-In-Mask - June 25, 2020
- What We Love About Nordgreen Watches - June 16, 2020