Healthy, nutritious and satisfying; these no-bake, refined sugar-free energy bars are an awesome alternative to store bought granola bars.
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 10 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- + 1 Tablespoon for topping
- 2 Tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of purified water
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 2 Tablespoons of virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of local honey
- Add almonds, dates, shredded coconut, water and chia seeds to food processor.
- Process until ingredients form a meal (sandy, but not fine texture).
- Transfer into a large mixing bowl.
- On medium heat, over the stove top, combine natural peanut butter and coconut oil until smooth (about 2-3 minutes).
- Pour mixture over the meal.
- Then add the honey and raisins (or allergen free mini chips).
- Mix together.
- Transfer to an 8 x 8 square baking dish, that is lined with wax paper or plastic wrap.
- Spread evenly and top with shredded coconut.
- Place in the freezer for 1h30 hours before removing and cutting the bars.
- Cut the whole in half, then in rectangles length-wise, for the look of granola bars.
- Optional: Enjoy Life Mini-Chips (allergen free).
- Wrap individually and store in freezer for up to 3 weeks.
- Store in fridge for up to 3 days, for ultimate freshness.