Good morning sleepyheads! I’ve got something to perk you up today 😉 I actually shared this simple recipe on a guest post I did a few months back, but I’ve been meaning to share it with you all as well; breakfast ideas are one of the questions I get asked about most often. Since breakfast is such an important start to our day, it’s definitely a meal that needs to load us up on good nutrition. My morning go-tos are smoothies, oatmeal, and omelets. But when I want to switch it up, I make this delicious high-protein breakfast quinoa.
Using coconut milk, makes it rich, creamy and so flavourful. Every single bite melts in your mouth and fills your belly with warmth. When you top it with your favourite fruit, add chia seeds, or a teaspoon of nut butter – you really boost up the nutrition content. Which is great after a morning workout when you need that extra fuel.
I am quite fond of coconut milk, however if the taste isn’t for you, there’s always rice milk, almond milk, or hemp milk that would be great dairy-free alternatives for this recipe. One thing that’s important to remember is to rinse the quinoa before cooking it. It takes away its bitter coating and makes it more palatable. Give this a go and let me know what you think!
You can also enjoy breakfast quinoa cold, like a rice pudding.
Try this tasty breakfast for a hearty change from oatmeal. Nutritious and protein packed for a perfect way to start your day.
- 1 can can of coconut milk (400ml) + 100 ml of water (or 2 cups of milk)
- 1 cup of rinsed quinoa
- 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 2 drops of stevia (or your preferred sweetener)
- 1 cup of fruit (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries – shown in image: organic concord grapes)
- 1. In a small sauce pan pour out entire contents of canned coconut milk, add in water and whisk.
- 2. Bring coconut milk to a boil and add in quinoa. Stir for 30 seconds and then reduce heat to low.
- 3. Cover the pot and all to simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4. Lift the lid and stir in vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and stevia.
- 5. Cover once again and cook on low for another 6-8 minutes.
- 6. Remove from heat, stir in your fruit and serve. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2
- Summertime Fun With the Primo Foldable Scooter - July 5, 2020
- Self-Care With the OSIM uCozy 3d Neck and Shoulder Massager - July 3, 2020
- Beauty Buzz: Jouviance Dream Cream Night Repair Cream-In-Mask - June 25, 2020