During pregnancy, your over-the-counter skin care options are limited, because of all the ingredients you should avoid. Salicylic Acid, Benzyl, and Retin-A are all out of the question. Instead, I try to use a lot of home remedies to cleanse, tone, and treat my skin. I wanted to share some of those with you, beginning today with this barley grass purifying face mask.
My mom drinks up this green barley grass juice everyday and I enjoy (not really) a glass here and there. It’s so filled with anti-oxidants and oxygen, that I knew it would also make a great skin treatment.
Barley Grass aids in detoxification, purification, and circulation of your skin. Post treatment, your skin is radiant.
Enzymes (barley grass is believed to contain up to 1,000 of them) are the necessary regulators of the body, without them our cells could not function and we would perish. Barley grass has one of the highest natural levels of enzyme SOD, which is a powerful antioxidant that protects the cells against toxic free radicals, thought to be a primary culprit in aging.
Barley grass also contains one of the most amazing nutrients, “chlorophyll “(liquid oxygenated sunshine), a natural detoxifier… (source)
Yep, that’s me in the face mask. It’s super refreshing and when I got it all washed off (warning: your face cloth will stay green!) , my skin was clear, soft, and glowing. I am definitely going to be doing this on a regular basis. I typically do a mask 1-2 times a week, because I have oily skin and it helps keep my pores clean. How often do you do a mask?
An easy DIY mask that detoxifies, purifies, and aids your skin’s cirulatio.
- 3 teaspoons of barley grass powder
- 1 teaspoon of purified water
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a small pot, mix all ingredients together.
- Using a soft face painting brush, spread all over face and neck, avoiding the eye area.
- Wear the mask for 20 minutes.
- Use warm water and face cloth to remove the mask, using gentle upward strokes.
- Spread a lemon-wedge all over your face.
- Let the juice sit for 30 seconds.
- Wash your face off with cool water.
- Gently pat dry.
- Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic. Take all necessary precautions with the preparation and application of homemade beauty treatments. Avoid contact with eyes. The responsibility lies with the reader. If you have sensitive skin, please patch test on your arm before applying all over your body.
Side note* Although a mature barley plant contains gluten protein, a lot of scientists believe that the young barley grass (3-5 days old) does not. This is why most barley green juices say ”gluten-free”. That said, many people who have Celiac Disease will stay way from barley entirely. I have found that I can ingest the young barley grass powders.
Hope you all have a great weekend and let me know if you give this mask a try.
- How To Throw An Easy Backyard Party – and Earn Aeroplan Points Too! - August 8, 2022
- Why Backyard Gardening Is Easy With Raised Garden Bed Planters - July 21, 2022
- How to Take Care of Your Skin Every Day This Summer - July 13, 2022