Rich, delicious and guilt-free, this decadent dessert is made with anti-oxidant rich cocoa, and the healhty fat, coconut milk. Sweet indulgence!
- 1 (14 oz/400 g) can full-fat coconut milk (that was chilled overnight)
- 1/2 cup (40 g) unsweetened organic cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) pure maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon of espresso coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whisk together the coconut milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, coffee, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then turn the heat down and simmer 15 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Turn off heat and whisk in the vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature (whisking occasionally to help the pudding cool more evenly), then transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate to chill completely before serving (at least an hour – I chilled mine overnight)
- Serve chilled.
- I poured my pudding into small ramekins and put plastic wrap over them for the night. Before serving, I topped them with a few leaves of mint and raspberries. Potential additions to this recipe would be: a half a teaspoon of pure chili powder / hazelnut liquor / or mint extract….yum!
- Serving Size: 4