Five Awesome Reasons to Create Custom Wall Art
- It’s personal. You know how you search and search for the right piece to fill a blank wall? It’s so much easier and way more fun to browse through your favourite photos than the canvases at your local outlet store.
- You’ll appreciate it. Once you’ve selected that timeless memory to showcase in your home or office – every time you pass it by, it means something to you. It reminds you of a moment in time worth treasuring.
- It tells a story. Most photographs have a back story. Some say it all right there in the picture and others need the tale to go along with it – either way, it’s a neat way to share those stories.
- People notice it. Do you get many comments on the generic poster art up in the guest bathroom? I didn’t think so. However, your custom wall art gets people talking.
- You’re part of the creativity. You clicked the shutter, you played around with the colour, you cropped and zoomed, you envisioned the end result. You’re part of the art – and that makes it special.
I love traditional picture frames, filled with family photos and I also love personalized wall decor. Especially photo canvases, because they look like works of art. Your art! I’ve been a fan of creating photobooks, custom calendars and wall art online for a while now (they make wonderful gifts!) – but I was super excited to find out about a new Canadian company called ookpix. All of their products are made in Canada and – drum roll please – they offer free shipping on everything within Canada!! Isn’t that the best? I’ve absolutely taken advantage of U.S online sales, but then have been stuck with major shipping fees. But with ookpix, you are simply paying for your beautiful photo art. That makes me really, really happy.
I was invited to try out their service earlier this month and was thrilled with their 1, 2, 3 process! It’s so simple; just choose your product, upload your photo, and enjoy (hello, free shipping!) A few days later, my stunning custom photo canvas arrived in the mail. Both my husband and I were so pleased with how it turned out and the beautiful colour and craftsman quality. It found a perfect home in our baby girl’s nursery and completed the space, just as I had hoped.
ookpix.com (ookpix) is Canada’s first dedicated online photobook service, allowing users to quickly and seamlessly turn their digital photos into treasured momentos including photobooks, wall art and calendars. With an intuitive and well-designed website, “ooksters” can create unique printed products that showcase the memories that are meant to be shared.
There was once a time where everyone shared their stories proudly through photo albums. Since the rise of digital photos, online technology became the platform to showcase life experiences,” says Tim Flaman, vice president of ookpix. “Without books, photo sharing became isolated to computer screens.ookpix is bringing the beauty and art of storytelling back.”
Operated, manufactured and shipped in Canada, ookpix offers ease for “ooksters” by including free shipping with each order. “By creating and shipping our products in Canada, our customers don’t have to worry about surprise shipping or customs fees,” continues Flaman, “We focus on creating hand-crafted, personalized ways to preserve and share family memories, life moments and special occasions.”
If you are stumped for gift ideas this holiday season, you should consider creating a custom photobook, wall art or calendar for friends or family members. It is such a personal present! And to stay on budget, ookpix is offering The Best of this Life readers 30% OFF their products until December 10th! So hurry on over and in just three easy steps, you’ll be set!
30% OFF at ookpix.com // COUPON CODE: BESTOFTL30
Happy Shopping friends!
*This post is sponsored by ookpix and I received the custom wall art shown for review purposes. All opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make The Best of this Life possible!