Before the short season of burnt orange leaves and pumpkins begins to turn into cool dark greys and sparkly white snow – there is just one more Fall recipe I want to share with you. Yes, it involves pumpkin. Yes, there are warm spices. Yes, it’s delicious! Now, you can pin this one to your ‘must-try’ recipe board and make sure to make it before you are whisked into the season of shortbread and sugar cookies.
These cupcakes are not that pretty without their icing. They look a little bit lumpy – but they are not lumpy. It’s because they are dense and not fluffy. More like pie than airy cake. They are moist, rich and delightful as an afternoon treat. Of course, they don’t mind being paired with a chai tea or gingerbread latte.
Cheers friends to the beautiful Fall season. Here in Canada, we’ve already seen the fluffy white stuff and I have a hunch there’s more where that came from 😉
Pumpkin pie cupcakes are a fun take on the traditional pumpkin pie. Serve guests their own for a great Thanksgiving dessert. Perfect for the kids table!
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 1/8 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of turbinado or coconut sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
Pumpkin Spiced Icing
- 2 Tbsp butter or dairy-free margarine
- 2 Tbsp of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, sugar, coconut milk, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add pumpkin puree and combine well.
- Add flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from muffin tins.
For the icing
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Use a hand mixer to blend until smooth.
- Transfer to piping bag for icing or simply spread over cupcakes.
Those may or may not be my teeth marks.
- Finding Joy and Confidence While Living With Chronic Pain - November 23, 2020
- 100 Festive Things to Do At Home in December - November 21, 2020
- Do You Declutter Your Home Before Decorating for the Holidays? - November 19, 2020