So, you know when I said I had a few cookie recipes to share with you in this post...well, I wasn’t kidding! I’ve been baking up cookies for the past three weeks. Some for gifts, some for treats, some for freezing until Christmas festivities – which are just around the corner… But just because I have plenty of recipes, that doesn’t mean I don’t want you to share yours!! I’m still looking for new gluten-free cookie recipes, so I’d love for you to link up yours at the end of this post, please.
These are by far, the funnest gluten-free Christmas cookies I’ve baked. They are just so yummy and remind me of childhood cookies. My son loves the red and green M&Ms that are scattered in the cookie and finds it a simple pleasure to pick out the ones he can spot and eat them separately. Of course, the ones that are hidden then become a delicious surprise!
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour ( I used Robin Hood )
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (or margarine for dairy-free), at room temperature
- 1 extra-large egg at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces of M&Ms (or dairy-free chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease two cookie sheets
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Add in the butter.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and vanilla together.
- Add in and mix well to form dough.
- Lastly, add in the M&Ms
- Transfer the dough unto a large piece of plastic wrap.
- Make a cylinder about 3 inches wide. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place the cylinder on a cutting board and cut round shapes, around 3/4-inch thick.
- Line the cookies on a baking sheet, spaced apart and bake for 11-13 minutes (until golden edges).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before transferring.
Hope your kiddos enjoy these as much as Little A does! Any fun plans for the weekend? We’re still waiting on Miss Abigail to arrive, so that’s kind of at the top of the list (40 weeks + 5 days pregnant at this point). Otherwise, we’ll wrap up some presents, maybe have a playful snowball fight, and then stay cozy inside, watching Christmas movies and snuggling. Have a lovely weekend friends!