These cookies can be enjoyed any time of the year, but their cinnamon-sugar goodness is perfect for the holidays. Serve with hot chocolate and they are sure to be a hit.
- 3/4 cup of salted butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon combined with 4 tablespoons sugar (for coating)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and confectioner’s sugar – beat until it is light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla, continue to beat until smooth.
- Slowly pour in the flour, cinnamon, and baking powder into the wet mixture – dough will form.
- Separate the dough into two pieces, wrap them up and place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare your baking sheets by lightly greasing them.
- Roll out one piece of dough into a long cylinder. Cut it into about 18 pieces. Do the same with the other portion of dough.
- Form small balls of dough and then create a flat circle with them.
- Coat the circles thoroughly in cinnamon-sugar (don’t skimp!)
- Place them on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool for 20 minutes before removing them from baking sheet.
- Cook Time: 10