There is the slightest scent of Spring in the air. Have you noticed? It hasn’t been warm enough to let my mind wander to tree buds and chirping birds – however, in the back of it, I’m hopeful. Bright colours and lightweight scarves are making their way to the forefront of my closet and I am attracted to anything pink, orange, and radiant orchid.
This happy smoothie reminds me of Spring, but its star is a fruit that is in its prime right now. The grapefruit’s peak supply and taste is during the months of January and February; needless to say, we’ve been enjoying them!
Grapefruit is an excellent source of vitamin C, which helps to support the immune system. Vitamin C-rich foods like grapefruit may help reduce cold symptoms and inflammatory conditions, such as asthma, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.The rich pink and red colors of grapefruit are due to lycopene, a carotenoid phytonutrient. Lycopene has a high capacity to help fight oxygen free radicals, which can damage cells. Overall, the grapefruit is an awesome food to enjoy as part of a healthy diet.
Ruby red is my favourite! Not too sour and so delicious for breakfast or in a smoothie like this one. Enjoy!Print
A refreshing, vitamin c boosting smoothie.
- 1 large ruby red grapefruit
- 3 tangerines
- 3 soft medjool dates (soak in water for 5 minutes if they are hard)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup ice cold filtered water
- 1 cup of ice
- Cut the ends off the grapefruit and remove skin. Slice up and remove any seeds.
- Peel the tangerines and remove any seeds.
- Combine all the ingredients in an electric blender and blend until smooth. Serve and enjoy!
- If you have aversion to pulp, use the juice of the citrus instead.
- Serving Size: 2
- 7 Reasons To Love This New Vegan Handbag Collection - December 17, 2021
- Home for the Holidays: 2021 Gift Guide - December 12, 2021
- Elevate Your Space with Beautiful Prints from The Poster Store - November 26, 2021