You know when you have five minutes to yourself, in between your son and husband coming home from the park for dinner and your newborn’s next feeding? Yes, those five minutes. That’s the time when you can either lay down and take deep breaths…or you can attempt a DIY. I’ve done both in the last few days, but I thought the DIY pillow cover was a bit more interesting to share with you guys.
Earlier in the week, I went by the craft store to pick up the supplies. At first, I wasn’t sure what design I was going to paint – but I knew it was going to be something easy, like chevron or polka dots. I finally decided on crosses.
What you will need
- Pillow cover (…that is at least 50% cotton & fits your pillow form , 18 x 18 shown)
- All purpose white acrylic paint (read label to make sure it works on fabric)
- Small sponge paint brush
- Thick brown cardboard
- Pre-wash and dry your pillow case.
- Iron it to have a smooth surface.
- Set up on a table. place the cardboard inside the pillow cover.
- Shake up the acrylic paint. Place a small (quarter sized) amount on a palette.
- Dip the sponge paint brush in the paint.
- Make criss cross marks all over the pillow cover.
- Note: I free-handed it, but if you want it to be more precise, make the marks in pencil beforehand.
- Allow the pain to dry completely.
- Fill with pillow form.
- Find your new decorative pillow a happy home!
I actually really like this throw pillow on our bed; it’s stylish, but it’s also playful – so I think it would work well in a kid’s room too (note the racoon friend that thought it was cool). Now, I’m kind of taken with this whole do it yourself thing. This pillow cover cost only $5.00 to make. Five bucks! That’s pretty cool.
How was your weekend? Did you watch the Olympics? I’m still beaming over Canada’s hockey wins.
Hope you have a great week friends! xx!
- How To Throw An Easy Backyard Party – and Earn Aeroplan Points Too! - August 8, 2022
- Why Backyard Gardening Is Easy With Raised Garden Bed Planters - July 21, 2022
- How to Take Care of Your Skin Every Day This Summer - July 13, 2022