With two little ones, hubby working full-time as well as taking three Business courses this semester, an inbox full of emails to catch up on, blog posts to be written and friends to connect with…well, let’s just say that when it comes to meal prep, ”easy” is my favourite word. Sadly, easy has been associated with fast-food, processed food, and quick unhealthy meals. However, that doesn’t have to be the case. Salads are easy, casseroles are easy, cut up veggies and sandwiches are easy. Whole foods are easy, simple, satisfying and delicious choices for mealtime! This recipe for provencal potatoes requires very little prep and when they are ready to enjoy alongside a hearty salad or vegetable soup – they are the perfect side.
It’s amazing what olive oil, garlic and french herbs do to transform plain old potatoes! They turn into a savoury, flavourful dish that the whole family enjoys.Print
- 6 small potatoes (about 9 ounces), peeled, quartered
- 6 cipolline or pearl onions (about 4 ounces), peeled and quartered
- 10 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of herbes de provence OR 2 sprigs fresh rosemary and 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 24-inch length of parchment paper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place potatoes, onions and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to coat vegetables.
- Fold parchment piece in half, cut into a half-heart shape, and open.
- Place vegetable mixture on parchment, 2 to 3 inches from the crease, and scatter dried herbes de provence or, fresh rosemary and thyme sprigs on top.
- Fold the other half of parchment over the ingredients. Make small overlapping folds to seal the edges, starting at the top of the heart.
- Two inches from the end, twist the parchment twice, gently but firmly, to seal the packet.
- Place packet on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and open packet. If using fresh herbs; use your fingers to crumble the herbs, discarding the stems. (Don’t worry about burning your fingers; the sprigs will have dried during cooking and the leaves will come off the stems easily.)
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 2
- How To Throw An Easy Backyard Party – and Earn Aeroplan Points Too! - August 8, 2022
- Why Backyard Gardening Is Easy With Raised Garden Bed Planters - July 21, 2022
- How to Take Care of Your Skin Every Day This Summer - July 13, 2022