- 6 small potatoes (about 9 ounces), peeled, quartered
- 6 cipolline or pearl onions (about 4 ounces), peeled and quartered
- 10 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of herbes de provence OR 2 sprigs fresh rosemary and 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 24-inch length of parchment paper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place potatoes, onions and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to coat vegetables.
- Fold parchment piece in half, cut into a half-heart shape, and open.
- Place vegetable mixture on parchment, 2 to 3 inches from the crease, and scatter dried herbes de provence or, fresh rosemary and thyme sprigs on top.
- Fold the other half of parchment over the ingredients. Make small overlapping folds to seal the edges, starting at the top of the heart.
- Two inches from the end, twist the parchment twice, gently but firmly, to seal the packet.
- Place packet on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and open packet. If using fresh herbs; use your fingers to crumble the herbs, discarding the stems. (Don’t worry about burning your fingers; the sprigs will have dried during cooking and the leaves will come off the stems easily.)
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 2