As I peruse the Tilly Doro online boutique, the words bohemian, eclectic, organic, float through my head. Each piece stands alone and has a story to tell. What that story is, only the designer and the wearer will ever know. Nogah Rotstein, the beautiful lady behind the brand, has an appreciation for the hand-made and from the looks of it, Tilly Doro is her ode to craftsmanship.
My grandmother Tilly always taught me that nothing should be wasted or taken for granted. The gifts she appreciated the most were the ones I made by hand, and this is something that has always stayed with me.
And that you can see through each unique piece of jewelry that she creates.
I wear stud earrings everyday and I’m completely in love with the gold leaf earrings and gold bee earrings that I own from Tilly Doro. They are gold plated and around 8-10mm, which make them a perfect size in my opinion. I am drawn to the natural elements in Nogah’s work and the way she pulls together different materials. Her one of a kind pieces are simply stunning.
Nogah created the Tilly Doro jewelry line in 2008. To encourage quality, local employment, sustainable living practices, and the elimination of unnecessary waste – all of her pieces are handmade in NYC and primarily incorporate overstock materials from large jewelry manufacturers and second-hand sources. After graduating from Queen’s University in Ontario with a bachelor’s degree in Art History, she took time off to travel, and later worked in trend and costume jewelry in NYC and Montreal.
Her studio in Brooklyn NY is awash in multi-colored gemstones, playful charms, and vintage pieces collected on her various travels and treasure hunts.
This chunky gold bracelet (pictured above) featuring a single pearl is such gorgeous arm candy! You can layer it with other bracelets and a leather watch, or let it stand alone. I have been wearing mine with a single gold bangle – the two compliment each other beautifully. I also love the look of the worn gold paired with a denim shirt – again, it has that raw, organic feeling that I love so much.
Nogah is offering The Best of this Life readers 20% off their purchase (until the end of April) at tillydoro.com with the discount code: xox
Yay! Make sure to give her a like on facebook to show her growing business some love.
And….we are having a giveaway for a pair of studs of your choice (ARV $18) – entry details below!!
How to enter
- Visit tillydoro.com and leave a comment on this blog post letting us know which studs you would choose if you won.
- Confirm that you left a comment, in the rafflecopter widget, to unlock other ways to earn bonus entries.
Rules of the giveaway
- Giveaway is open to US & CANADIAN residents only.
- Only legitimate entries will be counted.
- Giveaway closes April 14th, 2014 at midnight EST
- (1) Winner will be selected via random org and will be contacted via email.
- Winner has 48 hours to respond and confirm.
- Winner will receive (1) pair of studs of their selection – ARV $18 (if product is unavailable, winner will have to reselect).
- Tilly Doro will ship the prize directly to the winner.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I received the showcased jewelry for review and article writing purposes.Opinions are 100% my own.
Thanks for your support in my effort to bring you exciting new content and giveaways!