Easter is just around the corner. I can’t believe it, yet I’m so excited that spring is here. Blooms, blue skies, easter egg hunts, and family dinners – are highlights of the season. This simple side dish is one of my favourites for a few reasons – I love sweet potatoes, it’s incredibly easy to make, it tastes heavenly, smells divine and melts…in…your…mouth! Oh, and it’s sure to get rave reviews, in case you’re going for that.
Not only is this recipe all that and a bag a chips, it packs a healthy punch. Sweet potatoes are high in Vitamin B6 and full of Vitamin C. They are also a good source of magnesium, which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral; hello, we all need more of that! Then throw in the benefits of virgin coconut oil and pure maple syrup – oh yeah, pure maple syrup has over 54 anti-oxidants – and you’ve got one nutrient rich recipe. Enjoy!Print
A favourite side dish to enjoy for Sunday supper or a special Holiday dinner.
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 7 medium)
- 4 tablespoons melted virgin coconut oil (or unsalted organic butter)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until very tender, approximately and hour.
- When cool enough to handle, halve sweet potatoes.
- With a spoon, scoop out flesh (discard skins); transfer to a food processor or whip by hand. Add virgin coconut oil and pure syrup; process until smooth.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Cook Time: 60
- Serving Size: 8
- Crispy Turkey Strip Salad with Pears, Pecans, and Cranberries - March 22, 2022
- These Ultra-Hydrating Products Will Soothe Your Dry Skin - March 3, 2022
- Is A Standing Desk Worth It? We Put One To The Test! - February 11, 2022