A favourite side dish to enjoy for Sunday supper or a special Holiday dinner.
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 7 medium)
- 4 tablespoons melted virgin coconut oil (or unsalted organic butter)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until very tender, approximately and hour.
- When cool enough to handle, halve sweet potatoes.
- With a spoon, scoop out flesh (discard skins); transfer to a food processor or whip by hand. Add virgin coconut oil and pure syrup; process until smooth.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 8