Green Creamsicle Smoothie
Creamsicles were one of my favourite popsicles as a kid. We’d get a box of them, maybe once or twice during the summer and they were a coveted treat. The combination of tart orange and creamy vanilla is just….so….good. I wanted to capture that flavour in a smoothie, without using ice cream and sweeteners – which many other recipes call for. This is my take on a healthy version of a creamsicle and man, is it delicious! It combines the health benefits of vitamin C rich clementines and vitamin A and K rich spinach. It’s naturally sweet without the sugar rush.
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 2 clementines
- 2 scoop of vanilla vegan protein powder
- 10 ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients to the blender.
- Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
- Add a banana for a thicker smoothie.
Strawberry Banana Swirl Smoothie
I made a swirl smoothie just for fun for my three year old and now it’s a regular request. I mean, I should have seen that coming – it’s visually appealing and you get two flavour bursts to enjoy separately as well as mixed together. Yum and yum. I think the taste of strawberry and banana is a classic, but for this smoothie, I added some organic bourbon vanilla and Virgin Coconut Oil to kick up the flavour. The verdict? AH-mazing. And I don’t need to tell you that strawberries contain anthocyanins, which stimulate the burning of stored fat. Or do I? Summer is the perfect season to enjoy fresh, local berries – so go for it!
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup of baby spinach
- 5 ice cubes
- 3/4 nut milk of choice (try cashew!)
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp organic bourbon vanilla
- 5 ice cubes
- Blend each smoothie recipe up separately. Split the banana swirl into to glasses, then pour in the strawberry swirl. Swirl together with spoon or straw. Garnish with strawberry. Enjoy!
Raspberry Mango Swirl Smoothie
This is tart, sweet, wake-you-out-of-bed, detox your body, kind of smoothie. Using gorgeous, juicy, fresh mangoes (you can also use frozen) – the texture is smooth and creamy and super delicious. Not to mention that the beautiful contrast of raspberry pink against soft orange makes for a pretty presentation and all the more enjoyable sip session.
Blackberry Pineapple Coconut Swirl Smoothie
An unexpected medley of tropical fruit and dark berries creates a contrast that your tastebuds will adore. This detox smoothie packs huge health benefits and makes a fantastic post workout drink. Pineapple is full of manganese, which strengthens bones and connective tissues. Virgin Coconut Oil builds your immune system and aids digestion. Blackberries have a high tannin content, therefore reducing inflammation in the body (especially intestinal inflammation). Overall, a healthy drink that is incredibly delectable.
- 1 cup of frozen blackberries
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1 Tbsp orange juice (to enhance flavor)
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped pineapple
- 1 cup of light coconut milk
- 1 tsp virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 banana
- 4 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients for pineapple coconut swirl in the blender first. Blend until smooth. Pour into 2 glasses.
- Then place all ingredients for blackberry swirl in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add blackberry swirl to both glasses and swirl with a spoon.
- Top with shredded coconut if desired. Enjoy!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
Chocolate covered strawberries are not just a Valentine’s Day cliche. They are delicious people, delicious! But, like many yummy treats, the chocolate exterior is usually full of sugar and milk chocolate – not exactly the healthiest thing to enjoy on a regular basis. However, that is an easy fix. Melt a little bit of Virgin Coconut Oil, mix in touch of raw cocoa powder and you’ve got yourself one indulgent chocolate sauce that is the perfect thing to dip strawberries (or any fruit) in. Once you’ve coated your berry, place it in the freezer for 2 minutes and voila! Chocolate covered goodness. Now apply that idea to a smoothie and you can see where this is going…
- 15-20 fresh strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 10 spinach leaves
- 2 cups almond milk
- 6 tsp virgin coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 12 ice cubes
- Add strawberries, banana, spinach, almond milk, 2 tsps coconut oil and ice the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- To make chocolate syrup, melt 4 tsp virgin coconut oil with raw cocoa powder on very low heat (or if coconut oil is already liquid form, just out the cocoa powder it in and mix).
- Pour into the glass first, then add strawberry smoothie, swirl.
- Dip in chocolate syrup and place on a plate in the freezer for 2 minutes.
So tell me, which one are you dying to try first? For more smoothie ideas, visit my smoothie gallery, follow me on instagram (where I posted these recipes first!) and check out my 3 Day Jump Start Smoothie Detox.