A tasty and satisfying meal, filled with yummy vegetables, nutritious beans and hearty brown rice. Hits the spot and it’s healthy for you!
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut and inner seeds removed
- 2 1/2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed several times
- 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of diced onions
- 1/2 cup of soft goat’s cheese
- 3 Tbso of chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp of virgin olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper & salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare all of the ingredients (wash, dice, cut peppers)
- In a large bowl, combine brown rice, black beans, tomatoes, onions, olive oil, touch of salt and pepper.
- Scoop the rice filling into the peppers.
- Place in a large deep baking dish. Top each pepper with a few pieces of goat’s cheese.
- It’s up to you whether you place the tops of the peppers back on top, or on the side of the dish to bake. I left mine off to let the cheese get browned, but if I wasn’t using goat’s cheese, I would have left them on.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until peppers are nice and tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 6