With both pregnancies, I got “the mask”, also known as melasma. In all fairness, it wasn’t a bad case, but it does appear as blotchy freckles on my forehead and cheeks. With the first pregnancy, it took about 3-4 months to fade, but with the second pregnancy I’m finding it sticking around longer. My husband can’t even tell what I’m talking about, but I see the difference – especially if I’ve been out in the sun longer than my sunscreen covered, then it shows up more.
When I was asked to give Refresh Skin Therapy’s 3-Step Fruit Acid Peel kit a try, I was a bit skeptical, however I had heard good things about rose hip seed oil (face wash) and fruit acid peels in general, so I was willing to give it a go!
Here’s what is included in the kit:
• 1 Fl oz Fruit Acid 15% Gel Peel Enhanced with Kojic Acid, each bottle contains 20-30 full facial applications
• Large 4 oz Pre Peel Hydrating Rose Glow Cleanser
• 1 oz Post Peel Hyaluronic Moisturizing Cream
Fruit Acid 15% Gel Peel, Enhanced with Kojic Acid
A versatile exfoliator, Fruit Acid Gel Peel 15% with Kojic Acid combines a trio of naturally-derived alpha hydroxy acids, Glycolic, Lactic, and Pyruvic acids, to create an effective, professional-grade peel
• Effectively removes the outer layers of thickened or damaged skin improving texture and tone while revealing noticeably smoother, healthier skin
• Enhanced with Kojic acid, a natural skin brightener which reduces the appearance of dark spots and inhibits melanin production
• Naturally antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, Kojic acid helps prevent acne and rosacea flare-ups
• Reduces fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging
• Lessens the appearance of dark spots, acne scars, and melasma
• Alcohol free
• Paraben free
• No added artificial colors, fragrance, or preservatives
• Vegan Friendly – All botanically derived ingredients, never tested on animals
• Made in the USA
Pre-Peel Reveal Rose Glow Cleanser
• A gentle but powerful cleanser removes impurities and restores skin’s natural pH balance to prepare skin for professional exfoliation
Post-Peel Hyaluronic Moisturizing Cream
• Smoothes skin
• Reduces Wrinkles
• Stimulates New Cell Growth
• Enhanced with Squalane to repair free radical damage, boost collagen growth, and restore skin’s natural healthy glow
Before testing the products, I read more information about their ingredients over at refreshskintherapy.com. For instance the cleanser’s ingredients are; Purified Water, Olive Oil Castile, Vegetable Glycerin, Rose Hip Seed Oil, Oil of Kumquat, Seaweed Extracts. That’s natural, good stuff right there! In fact, their products are always free from parabens, perfumes, dyes, and phlalates. They also use USP-grade ingredients which are all botanically-derived.
As you can see, the starting point for this company and products is, in my opinion, a great one. [re]fresh Skin Therapy’s philosophy is real results from highly effective therapies which are safe and natural, for healthy skin.
I wanted to give you a thorough review, because fruit peels take time to show results and they are not an everyday thing, especially on sensitive skin. I have been using this kit for three weeks now and here’s what I have to say.
- Fruit Acid 15% Gel Peel, Enhanced with Kojic Acid : The smell is nice and the bottle and applicator are perfect for this product. I have been using it twice a week (recommended 1-3 times a week) and I have seen a major improvement on the melasma on my forehead and cheeks. I have also seen a decrease in pesky blackheads on the side of my nose. I can only leave this product on for 2-3 minutes before it starts bothering me (tingling sensation), and then I rinse it off with cool water. Immediately afterwards, I notice how clear my skin appears. I am looking forward to seeing further results over the next few weeks.
- Pre-Peel Reveal Rose Glow Cleanser : I love the rose glow cleanser! It smells good. It really does leave your skin refreshed and glowing. It’s the perfect start to my mornings and makes my skin dewy and fresh. It’s not oily nor does it dry you out. It offers a balance to your skin.
- Post-Peel Hyaluronic Moisturizing Cream : This felt wonderful to use after the fruit acid gel peel. It’s rich, moisturizing and calming. I tried to use it on days that I didn’t use the peel and found it too rich for my naturally oily skin. It caused a breakout on my chin (or at least I think it was the cream). Therefore, I kept it to just post-treatment and didn’t have an issue again. I actually really loved it for my neck area, where the skin is drier.
I’ve had a really positive experience with these products and would recommend them to anyone who is looking for something natural, effective, and quality made. At the end of three weeks use, I have an overall more even complexion and I’m happy with that!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.