This is a less is more kind of post. Less talking...more eating. If you don’t mind, I’ll cut out and just let you visually taste this delicious soup. My hope is at the end of the photo reel, you’ll go to your fridge and pantry, pull out the carrots, onions, ginger, vegetable stock, and other simple ingredients – to create this mouthwateringly scrumptious soup. In honour of the traditional home-good, reminiscent-of-simpler-days soup that this is, I edited the pictures to reflect some of my favourite old cookbooks pictures; homey, warm, classic. Bon Appétit friends!
- 3 Tbsp Organic Virgin Coconut Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots (6–7 large carrots), peeled and sliced
- 2 cups chopped white or yellow onion
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- A few strips of zest from an orange
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- In a large pot, heat up oil over medium heat. Add in carrots and onions. Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally and making sure the vegetables don’t begin to brown. Lower heat if necessary. Add pinch of salt and stir.
- Next, add in your vegetable stock, water, ginger, parsley and orange zest. Stir gently.
- Bring to a simmer (just below boiling point) and cover the pot. Cook for around 20-25 minutes.
- You want the carrots to be soft (you can test one by cutting through it).
- Before processing you can remove the orange zest if you would like (I kept mine in!)
- Using a food processor or upright blender, pour in the soup to puree. For a food processor, the entire contents will most likely fit. Process until smooth.
- For an upright blender; process in smaller batches and transfer into a fresh soup pot.
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley before serving.
- I was able to pour the entire soup into my food processor and I processed it for 2 minutes until it was nice and smooth. I placed a linen cloth over the processor just in case of any spillage.
- Serving Size: 4
- Discover Alltrue: A Socially Conscious Subscription Box and Community - October 9, 2021
- Mindfulness in Children: How to Make It Part of Family Life - October 3, 2021
- How You Can Create A Calm Environment At Home To Help Your Family Thrive - August 3, 2021