Have you tried almond “milk” before? We’ve been enjoying almond beverage around here for many years now – with cereal, added to tea (chai is my fav!), and I also use it for various baking.
Today I’d like to share with you a new muffin recipe that I created last week which includes Almond Breeze almond beverage. I was inspired by the gorgeous fresh cranberries that I picked up at the market and also, the big container of cashews my husband brought home for post-workout snacking. I might have been munching on some when I got the idea.
An unusual pairing, I admit – but the more I thought about it, the more it appealed to me to incorporate these too delicious foods together in a perfectly moist muffin. Oh, and I added blueberries for good measure – because blueberries are delicious period.
The flavour bursts of blueberries and cranberries in a fluffy muffin, sprinkled with a crunchy maple cashew topping – well that’s what happened in the kitchen! I took a few handfuls of cashews, ground them in my food processor and added a tablespoon of pure maple syrup. It created a sticky and crunchy mixture which I placed on top of the muffins before baking them.
As they cooked, a heavenly aroma of fruit and nut filled the air and made me hungry to test this new creation. I removed them from the oven and they looked amazing! Miraculously, I had the self-control to wait until Aiden was home from school so that we could taste test together.
At long last we sat at the table, muffin before us, accompanied by a tall glass of cold almond beverage and we bit in. After that, it was just muffled sounds of mmmms and yums, and mmmannnoodder weeonnne mmmoooamma? Yes kiddo, another one – and don’t mind if I do.
P.S Try the recipe, it’s delicious! You’ll want mmmannnoodder weeonnne too!Print
An exceptionally moist muffin filled with fruits and topped with a delicious maple crunch! Yum!
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups Original Unsweetened Almond Breeze
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of turbinado brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cranberries (halved, optional)
- 3/4 wild blueberries
Maple Cashew Topping
- 1/2 cup of salted cashews (or use raw and add a pinch or two of salt)
- 1 Tablespoon of pure maple syrup
To make topping
- Place cashews in food processor and process until crumbly (1 min on high)
- Add maple syrup, process for 15 seconds. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin tin with virgin coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients. Stir until blended. In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients and whisk.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Add in blueberries and cranberries
- Blend until mixed.
- Pour into muffin tins. And sprinkle with cashew topping.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until comes out clean with a knife.
- Cool on baker’s rack. Enjoy!
- I made large muffins (10) and baked them for 25 minutes.
For more Almondiciously Goodness, check out Almond Breeze on
[line]I am part of the Almond Breeze Campaign with Food Bloggers of Canada and I received special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own and I only share with my readers what I support myself.
- Is Your Social Media Feed Affecting Your Self-Esteem? - January 12, 2021
- How to Start Saving for Your Dreams - January 11, 2021
- I See You: Why Beauty Diversity in the Media Matters - January 5, 2021