An exceptionally moist muffin filled with fruits and topped with a delicious maple crunch! Yum!
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups Original Unsweetened Almond Breeze
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of turbinado brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cranberries (halved, optional)
- 3/4 wild blueberries
Maple Cashew Topping
- 1/2 cup of salted cashews (or use raw and add a pinch or two of salt)
- 1 Tablespoon of pure maple syrup
To make topping
- Place cashews in food processor and process until crumbly (1 min on high)
- Add maple syrup, process for 15 seconds. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin tin with virgin coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients. Stir until blended. In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients and whisk.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Add in blueberries and cranberries
- Blend until mixed.
- Pour into muffin tins. And sprinkle with cashew topping.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until comes out clean with a knife.
- Cool on baker’s rack. Enjoy!
- I made large muffins (10) and baked them for 25 minutes.