A scrumptious breakfast packed with hearty ingredients.
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- ⅓ cup natural cane sugar
- 2–1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ⅓ cup solid coconut oil, cut into chunks
- 1 large egg (or flax “egg”)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 cup chopped fresh pears
- 3/4 halved fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease with coconut oil or line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, whisk together oat flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in coconut oil until crumbly.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and almond milk. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just blended; fold in pears.
- Turn dough out onto a surface lightly dusted with oat flour. Gently pat into two 6-inch circles, about ½ inch thick. Cut each circle into 6 wedges and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 17 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Transfer scones to a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm or let cool completely.