Yummy ooey-gooey oatmeal cookies with the delicious nutty flavour of almonds. Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free…and totally tasty!
- 1 cup of roasted almond butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar (or pure maple syrup)
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 2 Tbsp of almond milk
- 1/2 tsp of organic bourbon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Work well until the dough is well blended together.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out dough and make round balls (8 per cookie sheet for medium sized cookies). Using a fork, press the cookies down to flatten.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Edges will be slightly golden brown but the cookies will look undercooked. Let them stand and they will solidify, into delicious chewy cookies.
- *if using maple syrup instead of sugar, skip almond milk and watch consistency of dough, you may need to add a teaspoon or two more of oats.