What happens when the mailman delivers a big box full of a variety of Hershey’s CHIPITS? Well friends, you get to baking – that’s what! As part of Hershey’s #ChipitsHoliday Campaign, I received free bags of CHIPITS to bake you, dear readers, some holiday sweets! A favourite family treat is decadent brownies, so that’s what I’m sharing with you today. Rich, fudgey, over the top chocolatey brownies, that are perfect for enjoying with a hot cup of cocoa. Yes, it’s total indulgence and you just need one delightful square to satisfy your holiday sweet tooth.
As my husband watched me top these brownies with layers of Skor toffee bits, Christmas sprinkles, and shredded coconut – his eyes grew bigger and bigger! They really are so tasty and decadent. I can’t wait to get back in the kitchen to make them again for the holidays, because obviously we ate them all. And I can’t wait to try out the semi-sweet mint chocolate chipits and the Reese’s Pieces chipits in holiday baking too!
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil or butter
- 2/3 cup CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup gluten-free white rice flour
- 1/4 cup gluten-free tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons of multicoloured sprinkles (red, white, green for Christmas!)
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease bottom of an 8-inch (20 x 20 cm) square baking pan.
- Melt butter or coconut oil and chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture, stirring until well blended. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until brownie begins to pull away from sides of pan. Remove from oven; sprinkle with toffee bits and shredded coconut. Cover tightly with foil. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Remove foil; top with multi-coloured sprinkles; cut into squares.
- Makes about 16 brownies.
Now I know I’m not the only one getting my holiday baking on…so, I just have to share the goodies with you!! A special thank you to Food Bloggers of Canada and Hershey’s Canada for generously giving away 20 bags of CHIPITS to one lucky The Best of this Life reader!!! Woo-hoo, it’s going to be a #ChipitsHoliday all around. Enter in the widget below and good luck!
[disclaim]Giveaway is open to Canadian Residents only. Contest closes December 17th, 2014, 12:00am EST. The prize – 20 bags of CHIPITS will be mailed directly to the winner by The Hershey Company.[/disclaim]
- 21 Easy Meal Prep Ideas to Make the Best Kids Lunches - July 28, 2020
- 35 Fun Backyard Activities for Kids to Do This Summer - July 18, 2020
- Summertime Fun With the Primo Foldable Scooter - July 5, 2020