With the new year we tend to set overly-ambitious goals for ourselves, but sometimes creating smaller goals over the duration of the year will get you the same results. If you’re looking to get more fit and healthy, take it one step at a time: drink an extra glass of water everyday, take the stairs and make sure you take your daily multivitamins. It’s easier than you’d think! Taking a vitamin may seem like a chore, but with deliciously easy-to-chew Vitafusion™ MultiVites gummies, these will feel more like a treat! Bring your little ones along the journey as well, and try L’il Critters™ Gummy Vites™. Before you know it, these minor adjustments will eventually grow into effortless routines.
10 Ways to Help You Keep Your New Year’s Resolution
- Keep it real: Pick goals that are attainable and that you can work on in a small way each day. If you want to run a marathon, you can begin by walking, then jogging, then running, then training – every single day. If you want to learn an instrument, you can sign up for lessons and be consistent. Choose goals that are realistic, that you can reach, and that you can dedicate yourself to.
- Make an action plan: Write out how to you plan on achieving your goals. What does the road map look like? Make a chart, a schedule, and a clear plan.
- Post reminders: Use your phone, email, and anywhere in the house to frequent often (the fridge!) to post reminders of your daily goals.
- Talk about it with others: Discuss your New Year’s resolution with others. Talk about how you are doing and how you feel about it. Be positive!
- Have a goal-buddy: Connect with a friend, spouse, or family member that is working towards their New Year’s resolution. It doesn’t have to be the same goal as you – but you can support and encourage each other.
- Keep a journal of your progress: Having a personal journal to write out your success or even your fears of failure, is a great outlet to keep you connected to your goal.
- Reward your success: Did you want to drink more water? Have you been doing that all month-long? Why not reward yourself with a new water bottle that remind you of how far you have come and encourage you to drink even more water!
- Push through when it’s tough or you fall off track: Don’t beat yourself up! If you haven’t been perfectly on track, don’t sweat it. Re-group, look over your plan, identify the pitfalls, avoid the traps and excuses – and keep going.
- Get help: If you find you can’t do it alone, get help. Enlist a friend, seek our a personal trainer, or life coach – but don’t feel you need to give up.
- Do the best you can: Baby steps. Each and everyday – do the best you can. All of those bests will get you closer to reaching your goal.
And remember to have fun! One of the best things about New Year’s resolutions is that it’s all up to you! So make it fun and get a little creative. Turn your exercise into a hobby and your organizing into a DIY project. Achieving your goals will feel like a breeze when it’s something you look forward to.
Now that were almost into February, have you been sticking to your New Year’s goals? We have challenged ourselves to a smoothie-a-day in January to encourage more fruits and vegetable intake. So far, were on track! We’re setting up small goals each month to stay healthy and fit in 2015.
What are some of the personal goals you have for yourself in 2015?
[line] The Best of this Life is a 2015 Brand Ambassador for Church & Dwight. This is a sponsored post, however the personal opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting my efforts to bring you new and exciting content.