Let’s try something new, shall we? The smoothie bowl. I’ve made a few before, but mostly as ”banana ice cream”. Since we are doing the January Smoothie Challenge and having at least one smoothie a day – mostly as a meal replacement – I wanted to give smoothie bowls a try!
What is a smoothie bowl?
A smoothie bowl is essentially just a different way to enjoy your smoothie, sans straw. You create a delicious thick smoothie base and add hearty toppings, such as granola, hemp hearts, coconut flakes, dates, raisins, more fruit…etc. It makes for a wonderful meal replacement and it really is enjoyable to eat with a spoon.
For today’s smoothie bowl, I made two parts green smoothie to one part mango smoothie, then layered it with medjool dates, cashews, unsweetened shredded coconut and fresh strawberries. It was seriously yummy and satisfying!
Packed with super foods, and energy-giving ingredients, this smoothie bowl is the perfect way to start the day!
For Melon Smoothie
- 1 cup of frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1 cup of frozen green melon
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches
- 3 ice cubes
For Mango Smoothie
- 1/2 cup of frozen mangoes
- 4 frozen or fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of virgin coconut oil
For the toppings
- 4–5 medjool dates
- 3–4 teaspoons of cashews
- 2 fresh strawberries, sliced
- Place all ingredients for the Melon Smoothie in the blender. Blend until smooth. Pour equal parts into 2 large bowls.
- Rinse blender (optional).
- Place all ingredients for the Mango Smoothie in the blender. Blend until smooth. Pour equal parts into the 2 bowls – starting from the side and slowly layering, to create a “split” smoothie bowl.
- Layer with toppings and enjoy!
- Other toppings to try: goji berries, ground flax seeds, hemp hearts, almond butter, vanilla pea protein, coconut flakes, cacao nibs
- Serving Size: 2
More Delicious Smoothies:
- Pomegranate Strawberry Coconut Smoothie
- Berry Banana Popeye Smoothie
- Mango Hurricane Smoothie
- How to Make Vegan Frozen Banana Custard